Friday, January 6, 2012

Listening to the Wind


OK, maybe not the wind, except as metaphor for listening to whatever spirits, guides, gods, etc. you may work with or believe in.  As in any relationship, listening is important.  Sometimes the communication is clairaudient (as in, you hear it though there’s no physical person around to say the words) and other times it’s more subtle.

For example… I’ve been thinking long and hard about my life lately, in all aspects – physical health, career, mental health, spiritual, and emotional.  I know I need to make some changes in order to be healthier/happier, and I asked for a little guidance, a nudge in the right direction.

In December, amid the flurry of cookie baking that I kept taking in to the office, I realized that I need to stop eating as much sugar as I had been.  It just does unpleasant things to my body, and when my body isn’t happy it makes magic more challenging because my mental focus is shot to pieces.  Not a New Year’s Resolution, but the timing was convenient because who doesn’t eat too much sugar in December, really?

So, a week or so ago I found the video from Dr. Terry Wahls, where she talked about macronutrient health and how she turned her Multiple Sclerosis from debilitating to in remission over the course of a year with dietary changes when the medicine wasn’t helping her.  It reminded me I needed to get more greens back in my diet, I’d sort of fallen off the wagon.

This week at work has been so stressful (as in, I allowed myself to get stressed out) that I nearly threw a paper cutter across the room one day, and my face went completely red.  I woke up this morning feeling horrible and stayed home and went back to sleep.

Better when I woke up again, thankfully, but needed to get to the grocery store for a few critical items, and while I was there bought some spinach and kale (to make kale chips with, yummm) and one or two other things.

After coming home, I snuggled up with a cat or two and watched “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” on my Netflix .. and then I realized that my helpful guardian spirits were trying to get through to me on this subject repeatedly.  Each seemingly random thing that’s been popping up has been a big green neon sign from the universe to pay attention, nourish myself properly so I can handle the stress better and not kill myself (or someone else) from the frustration going on in my life.  Thankfully, a house didn’t need to fall on me.

So back to daily spiritual self-care, in addition to the physical improvements in self-care I’ve already been making, and putting a big reminder up on the calendar to help me remember.

This time, I listened to the wind before a tornado had to blow my hair back.  Are you listening when you should?

No comments:

Post a Comment